Monday, April 25, 2011

Doing Something 70 Year-Olds Do?


What did you do this weekend? Our small HDH group decided to step out in public sans group shirts, and make a statement. We met at a local Starbucks and crocheted away. One of our members mentioned she was being ridiculed by family for ‘doing something 70 year-olds do.’ Since our infancy we have strived to break this stigma by being our cool selves, making non-grandma like projects - including cute booties, fun afghans, modern scarves and hats. We even had an America’s Next Top Model-type photo shoot! Grandmas aren’t doing that these days.

Anyhow, here's my finished Easter Basket that I made at Starbucks, using a pattern from Lion Brand Yarn:

I’ve always wanted to try a pattern that involved crocheting more than one yarn together at a time and this one called for three. It is a quick and easy pattern, and I opted to add buttons on the side to finish off.

I’m also thinking when we make our new shirts we need to add a blurb about ‘not your grandma’s definition of cool crocheting,’ but it needs to be more witty… I’ll get back to you all with more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment