Wednesday, January 18, 2012

From A Land Down Under - Ugg boots

I recently took a trip over to Australia where I was immersed with all their culture and style. Despite being their summer where the average temperature was in the 80's and 90's, the Australian made Ugg boot was everywhere. While I didn't see anyone wearing them, the stores were full of them. When I was at one of these stores, I noticed how they modified the Ugg boot with a rather stylish crocheted ruffle around the calf portion of the boot.

I took the above picture and then checked my camera screen to see the picture. Right away I was distracted over the sign underneath the boots - "Genuine Australian Kangaroo Scrotum $29.99." A few things immediately crossed my mind:

1) Genuine Kangaroo Scrotum, why would anyone want this?
2) It costs $29.99?!? Again, why would anyone want this?
3) This must be a cultural thing, and these crocheted embellished boots must be in prime real estate at this store!

So do you think the GENUINE AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO SCROTUM, helps to sell these enhanced Ugg boots? I certainly do!

1 comment:

  1. Kangaroo scrotum was the first thing that poped out at me in this picture and my reaction was similar to yours however as an ugger I'm insulted that they would put such fine boots next to any scrotums.

    ReplyDelete