Monday, October 8, 2012

Halloween Crochet Ideas


Looking for some crocheted Halloween Ideas?  Try renting/buying Nicki Trench’s book SuperScary Crochet: 35 Gruesome Patterns to Sink your Hook Into, which boasts that ‘these toys and accessories are murderously macabre rather than the usual cute and cuddly.’ I recently rented this book from my local library to see what kind of fun decorations could be made for this upcoming season. While I don’t think I have time to work on any of these little projects this year, I thought I’d share them with the rest of you. It’s a fun little pattern book to pick up because each of the patterns has a little story behind how the object you’re crocheting has become haunted or evil!
Here’s a picture of ‘Willy the Wily Wolf’ scarf from her book, this would definitely be a conversation starter.
Or perhaps you could make this pattern...
Make this pattern from the book, "Bubbles In Trouble."
There are a bunch of other great ideas in the book too, from making the killer tomatoes to more creeped out dolls and vampires.


1 comment:

  1. I think I will be checking my local library for the bubbles in trouble book! I bet that book has some jems in it!

    ReplyDelete