Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vintage Gift

About a year ago a dear friend of mine came over and handed me a wrinkly brown bag with a smile on her face and told me it was a present for me. It wasn't my birthday or any special occasion so I wasn't expecting any gifts. I cautiously looked in the bag not knowing what to expect and found something you can't find in just any store. I reached in the bag and first pulled out "Baby Bootie Boutique Sandals" a crochet kit from Annie's Attic circa 1979. Next I pulled out tennis shoes, then Indean moccasins, cowboy boots and even saddle oxfords. It was a brown bag full of baby bootie crochet kits! No I wasn't expecting or even thinking about having a baby of my own, my friend simply understood my passion for all things crochet. When I found out that my friend was going to be a grandmother, a few months later, I had to put my talent and her present to good use. I decided to make the cowboy booties.

Here are some pictures of the final product. Needless to say my friend was thrilled to see them!


1 comment:

  1. These are real cute! I can't wait to see pictures of the Indian Moccasins when they're done.

    ReplyDelete