Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quick Weekend Project

If you're looking for a quick project to do in a couple of hours, I highly recommend looking at www.allcrafts.net. Last weekend I made the cute Amelia hat and I was finally able to finish today... only because I needed to go out and buy a button. This was a great project to make using up old yarn from previous projects. The hat that I made (shown below) is great because you make detachable flowers so the hat can match any coat/outfit you wear. So far I've only made a blue flower, as I only use one winter coat, but come spring, I may make a nice green one!
(Seen on my head for dramatic effect)

Please note: Should you plan to make this pattern and suffer from a big head like me, be sure to add plenty of extra rounds so the hat can cover your head.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hat! Checked out the webcite and there are soo many great patterns on here. I've found inspiration for my next project!! Thinking about trying out this nifty hat-poncho combo! http://www.allcrafts.net/fjs.htm?url=web.archive.org/web/20010622024635/www.cei.net/%7Evchisam/groovy/7021hat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished result. You must post pictures of you wearing that ensemble when it's completed!

    ReplyDelete